
Well, my wife and her running partners Lacey and Mary completed the half marathon in Houston. Other than a combination of pain and afternoon napping, they all came through it like champs! They have the "medal" to prove it!
The story in the story of course was the husbands...toting kids all over kingdom come trying to catch them and provide support throughout the process. We caught all three of them at mile 4.3. We caught Traci again at Mile 6, just missing Lacey and Mary. By mile 8.5, all three had separated and we caught Lacey on the south bound lane at miloe 8.5 and back on the northbound side at 9.5. We also caught Traci at 8.5. We then headed to nether regions of Houston trying to find a way back to our hotel...a feat not attempted by mere mortals, mind you. We finally got back to our hotle just as Traci was running by it, again missing Lacey (Mary was long gone by this point) by mere moments, I am sure.
We then hiked to the convention center to sort through throngs of people to find our betrothed. Now...you tell me...who REALLY had it harder? Did I mention we had five kids trapsing all over kingdom come? So I ask again... OK...I don't really, we all know who put in months of training, hard work and dedication. The loadies did GREAT and we were very proud of them. We debated all night long about whether we would try and follow them on foot, or by car. I think we made the right choice by far!!! Frank drove, I navigated, and Kendra was the spotter...she picked Lacey out of a crowd twice! And when I say crowd...I mean a REAL CROWD!
Anyway, we are all very, very proud and they deserve this day (even thgouh Frank and I did perform daring feats of transportation and police barricade navigation. Today, we all win...but the guys give the foot rubs tonight! Congrats ladies!!!
Also, check out my FaceBook page for more pictures and details.

1 comment:
Foot rubs?? You need to have a chat with Frank. LOL. And what is your facebook page?? Could you send me over the pictures...what is your facebook?? THANKS!!
Post a Comment