Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm "in" to new technology...aren't I?

OK...so when do generational issues trump technology...and the other way around? So, I have a Facebook page, a blog, i tweet, there's MySpace, LinkedIn, I even have my own e-commerce based company, and my "real" job is all about technology.

So...is it wrong that I am pushing 40 and doing all these things? When does a generation need to respect another generation and stay out of their Cool-Aid? I have heard people say that they are not going to get a Facebook page since they want to respoect the younger generation...and this I get from their tweets! Go figure.

Why do I ask these questions? My mom just added me as a friend on Facebook. My 13 year old cousin has a page. I sit somewhere in the middle. I am techno-middle-aged. Uh-oh...I think I need a new hair style, wardrobe, and a shiny new Corvette. Maybe I'll start with a new laptop. Or is that ironic?

1 comment:

Lacey said...

LOL. I must admit I was laughing yesterday as I got a friend request from our neighbors, K. Fru's dad. I thought it was sweet and all but just laughing that he'd have a facebook account. Maybe people are laughing at me too...who knows.