Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dallas/Ft. Worth for the weekend

We hit the DFW area this weekend. Saw King Tut (or the pieces of it they now take on tour anyway). For me, it was "interesting" but disappointing compared to the first run 20+ years ago (having gone in my youth when it was all the craze (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP7AJiQM2RI) but I think the kids were surprisingly interested in it. That was great news. Traci liked it too, not having seen it in her youth. Makes us want to travel to Egypt and see the real deal.

We also hit the Fort Worth zoo while we were up there...self-proclaimed to be one of the top five zoos in the nation. While it did not disappoint the label, it was a bit much after a day already full of walking. The highlight for the kids, however, was playing at their great aunt/uncles house with their cousins. Technically, their dad's mom's cousin's kids...I guess that makes them second cousins once removed or some other combination of relation that I don't really understand nor follow the logic on. Someone give me a link to a site which clearly describes these relationships and how the relationship is labeled and I'll be thrilled. Anyway, we had a good time with relatives...and was "my favorite part of the trip" according to Syd.

So...we're home now...and it really has been a great weekend. Perfect time of year to live in this part of the country. That's not to say that I can wait to live somewhere else someday though! :) Someplace cool, temperate, and full of four season options of outdoor entertainment. Got any recommendations??? :)

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Glad you guys had a good weekend. As for moving...the only place you are allowed to move is to wherever we go. Maybe Birmingham one day?? Or we can just stay here forever. :P